Translate Me!

Friday, July 27, 2012

This is the beginning of something wonderful my friends!

Hi All! It's Elishevasugarandspiceandeverythingnice taking the blogger world of fashion by STORM! I love fashion. I live fashion. I eat fashion--and therefore I am fashion cause U r what u eat!!  ^_^

About Me


About me? I'm a nice Jewish girl from brooklyn who has a lotta JAP in me even if I don't have cha-ching for it lol! I've journeyed from crown heights to flatbush to the upper east side--and hopefully miami soon! I love cookies and cake and all things that are bad for u, and I luckily don't get fat from chowing down on them! I can spend 20 minutes to two hours getting dressed and prepped before going outside everyday because I want to feel confident and perfect when I walk through that door to the world. I'm a bit of a wandering Jew in more ways than one, and I don't know when or where I'll settle but right now there are so many things

going on and so many things to do that I just can't. 

Let's Get to It!!


Now there are issues with modesty when it comes to fashion--but it doesn't mean that you can't have fun and stand out! When I'm dressed tastefully from head to toe, I can get more looks than a girl wearing  a flimsy see through dress that actually doubles as a hand towel in real life--you've all seen it so you know what I mean! So yes, you can be religious and also contemporary at the same time! How far you want to take it is up to you--my motto is my boobs aren't showing and I always wear panty hose--sheer or opaque--cause its so chic and ladylike at the same time! The absence of skin and illusion of skin is sexier than actually showing it -- trust me :).


The ultimate goal of this blog is to guide everyday glamour girls on the path to looking expensive without paying the price!! In all honesty most of us can't afford $5000 shoes and couture dresses straight off the runway for $30,000, it's a fact. However, I promise to show you how u can have the look minus breaking the bank for it!! I will occasionally reference well known designers when they bring something out that totally dazzles me, but I promise to keep my main focus on capturing that look for much, much less!


 Seeing as this is my first blog I'm just gonna cover very briefly two important topics for this summer season-- must have colors and bottom pieces. Enjoy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MUST HAVE COLORS 


Here's what's sooo in now--orange, bright, glorious orange or light, mellow orange--both are acceptable ! Orange is offically the new red right now, don't even bother wearing red--unless you're in the Olympian Spirt!  Sometimes its hard to tell which colors are "in" and which colors should just go away--but I want to let u girls in on a little secret--there's a way to find out!  It's called--your local nail salon! I know what ur prolly thinking right now-- "huh"?  

Well here's the thing--when there is a strong color trend going around , it will have a great presence in the choices of nail color. Look at the nail color bottles on the table when u are about to be serviced and the tables neighboring you--it's a very visually consistent way of keeping track of trends. What's already there before u sit down is what is happening NOW. Not only does it tell you what colors are current--it tells you what colors and hues are compatible with each other in this seasons picks! Next time you visit your salon for your mani and pedi splurges take a moment out to observe your surroundings and really take it in. 


Now we all know by now that orange is the ultimate "it" color this season above all others--however, did u guys know that turquoise is also in for this summer? Mustard yellow and neon yellow as well are hot colors this season. There are so many shades to choose from that can b matched perfectly with sunglasses, necklaces, tops , bottoms and dresses! Let your imagination run wild and be creative when  u mix and match! 


MUST HAVE BOTTOMS



Gotta have them all---stripped skirts , COLORED skirts or both COMBINED--in pencil form or just plain minis! I treasure pencil skirts over minis because it has that extra length--and extra little touch of naughty that can satisfy most ladies! The pencil skirt is such an alluringly wonderful creation in fashion --a product of the 1950s-- that blends the world of sexy and business together PERFECTLY! In the era of "Mad Men" and the general evolution of fashion right now, it is the MUST HAVE look for now and waaaay into the fall and winter season! Darlings a good pencil skirt can go a loooong way!


And if ur feeling fun and frisky and you want to channel ur inner Marilyn Monroe (VINTAGE!!!) then pick up a pair of skin teasing shorts! Most of the chicest stores carry shorts that have a cut that can transform you into a modest yet vibrant sex goddess! They come in patterns and safe colors such as stripes, polka dots, off-white and forest green--and these are the choices to stick with! Wearing bright neon shorts is different from wearing neon colored skirts--they add a taste of tarty with a swig of prostitute--

and u girls surely don't want that look --------------------->
Play it safe with these colors and play around with your tops and u will come off looking amazing. Batttteeeeer up boys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yaaay!! That is all for now!! Good night guys, I hope you've all enjoyed my brief introduction! Next time I'm gonna b forecasting the trends for the fall and winter seasons and  where to get them for less! Also, I will write a cautionary note about the dangerous usage of pink and orange TOGETHER! Lol...ttyl! Get some sugar and spice in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment